Friday, April 6, 2012

Irish roots, where's Neha, and hoarding

Obviously Irish, Neha enjoyed the standard green festivities of  St Patrick's day.
You know when you have self sufficient kids you start to get a little "lax" if you will, on really watching them.  Being that Neha's more than capable of doing almost anything she is also quite easy to lose.  I thought her constant motion from the time her feet hit the ground had something to do with a new and over stimulating environment.  That is not the case.  There are many nights , that although I told myself I would kiss her sweetly  and hold her as tight as I wanted to every night for 2 years, I don't.  I am not proud to say, sometimes a good night kiss is all I can muster.  I am so exhausted from saying "no" or "shhh" or perhaps "chill out" .  I am not satisfied with my parenting, nor am I satisfied with her ability to be a kid.  I am just not there yet. She has the foundation of being awesome, it's just now where nature versus nurture is slapping me in the face. I am a contant intensive therapist in language, manners, self hygiene, protocol, routines, and straight up normal ness.  Non of these things did Neha come pre programmed with. Each day we learn valuable lessons.   "stay close to mama" ie. when we exit the car and there are extreme imminent dangers.  
Please , thank you, don't shout, sit quietly , and a whole lotta no, no ,no.   
Well, I have completely digressed and lost my original message. Needed  to vent I guess.  


I began by admitting that I lose Neha quite a bit.  This day being one of them.  The girls, Charlie and Neha had just woken up and I went to get em their apple juice ( a pack of three apple juice half gallons lasts 2 days in my house) .  I Swiffer maxed the house ( a pack of 16 special order Swiffer Maxx lasts a little less than two weeks) and by the time I got back to the bedroom I had already lost Neha.  Where is Neha?


Sleeping on the dog bed with my pashmina shawl and her decorative pillow.  But of course..
Not too weird, a lunch box with a feather in it, rascals dog leash and collar now on a Fur Real dog, a plastic shovel, Lucy's panda, Dr Suess book, bath toy Dora, plush toy Boots,  naked Aurora, a microphone, a puzzle piece, an asian hand drum, a pair of socks, and a squeegee....

Just a small stash I recovered under Nehas bed. 


1 comment:

  1. Very very very similar issues are going on here. A lot of "no's", a lot of lessons, including safety, and hygiene. Including "be nice to your sister," constantly. These are all older child adoption issues. It's exhausting.

    ReplyDelete