Monday, May 7, 2012

Legs, bangs, pool picnic, and non vegetarian

Legs and bangs.  Well she came with the legs, not necessarily something that runs in this family.  And bangs, well they just had to happen.  For a girl that has never had hair longer than her eye brows keeping it out of her face and eyes was a feat.  Clips, bobby pins, and a moms obsession with seeing her kids eyes just couldn't stand up to a bang grow out at this time. Possibly later, but for now an impromptu hair adjustment was just what we needed. 

Gardening and pool side picnic.  Neha loves to garden.  She is happy to join me every morning weeding, planting,moth catching and snail gathering.  Her bug catcher and her Dora gardening gloves are never far from her side.

This poolside picnic was of course crashed by multiple canines.  This picture whisks me back to our first few moments home when Neha first discovered the dogs.  Let's just say it was not in any fashion a happy or comfortable discovery but one of fear in her that I had never seen. Her body froze with panic, and when a dog would make any move in her direction she would levitate to the top of anything taller than Moxie. Counter tops, chairs, and people were all scaled in seconds when a dog made a motion.  Needless to say that is not the case, and was only for a few days.  Neha and Moxie have an adorable connection. They both get frustrated and overly excited in eachothers company.  They both want to run free, with reckless abandon. Gallop and buck when the time is not appropriate. Get in people's business when the victim is least expecting it. And basically live without any limitations, in the moment, without any thought of consequence or danger. When moxie bolts out the gate of the house into oncoming traffic practically smiling and looking back for anyone to join in, Neha comes to mind.  The same zest for life, desire for uncontainable freedom at all times,and overall fun.  These girls, Moxie and Neha are quite happy to know eachother.  
Charlotte is trying to give up bottles, as you can see we have not exactly made any progress towards that goal.
And India , eat your heart out.  Neha, once vegetarian by culture has jumped right on the hamburger band wagon. The bigger the better.  Ranch harvested meat may eventually put some more bulk to her body.  I'm thinking about sending this picture in with one of our 10 or so post placement reports required to go to India.I find myself asking, so if NOC took 5 months, and the wait for court took 7 months, who exactly will be reading and evaluating my time consuming post placement reports.  The Indian adoption process seemed to not really have an abundance of people working to expedite the system. So who, where, and when would they actually have the time to read through each report, glance at every picture and feel content that Neha is thriving.  This is what makes me want to slip this picture, along with 3 others in sets of four copies each into my second post placement report.  Just for my own, synical satisfaction.  

2 comments:

  1. For some reason, I can't see the pictures. I'll have to look again on a different computer.
    S. was afraid of dogs when she got home too. We don't have a dog, but my mom does, and she would cry, and panic every time we were over there for about a month. I think it's because there are so many stray dogs in India with disease. They are probably told their entire lives to stay away from dogs, and then we have them in our houses.
    The language will come. S. is older than Neha. I wish she wasn't, but she is. :) I wish they could have come home younger. I grieve her baby years, and toddler years that I missed, and so does she. She always asks me why I didn't come for her sooner. Oh, if she only knew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Oh, and she also loves hamburgers. LOL.
    I can see the pics now. Adorable. Love the two babas at one time.

    ReplyDelete