Sunday, May 13, 2012

Little mothers

In honor of mothers day I thought this little gaggle of girls could use some motherly responsibilities.  Not to mention we had an unforeseen death in our existing chicken family so we figured now is as good a time as any to refeather our flock.  
Lucy is bummed she has school tomorrow and has to leave her dear "Chelsea" in the care of her unpredictable sisters. 

Charlotte seems tentative on being overly gentle. She lovingly named hers "Pearl".
Neha is psyched beyond belief, she is able to sit, settle and stroke little "Ganesha".  She also is hot on the trail of any and all slimy chick clean up situations.  Lucy says " she's so cool" after Neha rushes in with a swipe of a paper towel to the rescue after "Chelsea" slimed the coffee table. 
I had to take a moment in this special mothers day to record what a wonderful day it was.  My children treated  all of us to a day without whining.  A day of homemade cards and special hugs.  A day where all of my children are right where they are supposed to be.  With their mother. Ahhhh, finally. 


Neha was getting her bed ready for sleeping tonight, naked of course (seems to be a regular occurrence) executing an everyday chore.  I was hanging up some clothes in the girls closet.  She turns and looks at me and says, "happy mouders day mom, I love you mom". I tell you, it doesn't get any sweeter than that. Considering the circumstances. Considering the language, the conception required for understanding a holiday she has never even heard of, and the overall thoughtfulness.  I am quite contented in this wonderful day.  Seeing my daughters be caring, nurturing, and just  plain in love with their little peepers rocked my world.  Watching Neha's ginger touch and care with something so delicate was so satisfying.  I couldn't have written a better day, a more perfect mothers day.   Thank you Ganesha, you are now both a very loved chicken, and a very appreciated assisting spirit. 

1 comment: