Saturday, July 21, 2012

Random thoughts, funny moments, happy accomplishments.

This is the logo for my children....Thank you Vanessa for being so in tune to our lives to think this so appropriate, and also the reason for drinking sometimes.
Need I say more...
We saved a lizard from sticky paper.  30 minute surgery with three underage assistants and a silvery blackish, iridescent, wiggly, and now amputated tale lizard. 
"what if we never saw him mom" ?  Exactly Lucy!
I love charlottes new "electrocuted" smile...... 
We duked it out with the heat and dirt and embraced our lavender lovin needs. 
Baby goats, puppies, alpacas, chickens and some random guy. Wish he wasn't in my picture... Darn.


Hilarious I tell you! Charlie sure thought so.
I turned around and Neha had her face buried in the coat of an alpaca,  they were almost the same color. It was precious, and of course I missed that exact moment..
Blue bubblegum shave ice break.
Panty showing is usually a dilemma, that is unless she has multiple pairs of pants on. Also a dilemma when it's 90 degrees.  Who doesn't love a good cooter breeze on a hot day?
And a carry back to the car by the best "sister wife" ever!  Not in any illegal or wierd sense of the word.  But, I just need moment to gush on my "bestie".  Vanessa is the type of friend who loves you for you, who steps out of her comfort zone to help me when I need the comfort of her.  She mirrors me, she defends me, and we live vicariously through eachother. It's a fact.  We needed eachother when we found eachother and it's just as its supposed to be.  
Somebody learned how to write her name. Pretty good I think for only speaking english for 6 months.  Writing anything really for only about 3 months. 
Every girl gets a very special birthday dinner with mom and dad and no others. Neha was kind of in awe the whole time. I'm not sure any of us really knew what to do or say.  It's was humbly adorable. Quiet and appreciated . 
Happy birthday Neha.  I am so happy you could spend this day with us.  That we could tell you we love you, hug your miniature body, and recognize how far you have come.  Pouts are to a minimum.  You are very durable when injured. You are caring and not lazy.  You could not believe the feeling of self accomplishment when you conquered your name. You glowed from the inside out, you got a glimpse of pride like never before.  There are days where you make everybody's beds just to make yourself happy.  You no longer cower to confrontation.  You are beginning to stand up for yourself, you buckle your seatbelt now without multiple requests.  You still require being asked many times to eat your meal, because eating a formal family meal is quite intimidating and well, foreign to you.  You talk about yourself in India, "remember Lucy, when you get me, you hug me in India, I was sooo skinny"   You were shocked, I mean jaw dropped, when I told you that you used to pee on the ground around a drain in India.  You choose the happy path, almost every time. Happy birthday Neha!

2 comments:

  1. Did she go and turn 5? That's crazy.
    Sonjena will turn 6 in two months.
    Congrats on all the accomplishments. Cute pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Erica- I've been following your blog for a while. Your daughter is beautiful! My husband and I are preparing to start the adoption process of a little girl from India. We were told that India rarely approves adoptions out of birth order. I know that Neha is now the middle child though- any advice for us? What agency did you use? You can email me at colgan333@gmail.com Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete