Thursday, January 12, 2012

Viva la Visa cake party!

The lack of photos makes this look easy, but believe you me, getting a visa out of this country is not easy by any means.  This morning we arrived to crowds, lines, security, and waiting rooms.  "no photo, no photo" the security guy screamed at me.  Nice greeting from my countries supposed safe house embassy.  So this is the only one I was able to smuggle onto my memory card.  Once again, as I cannot say this enough, without our dear coordinator Rajeev we would not have made it through this day alive and with Visa.  We were whisked to the front of every line.  Our interview with the immigration officer was nothing more than 3 questions, all of our paperwork was in order.  Well, they said it was until they lost some of it in the time they were processing Neha's visa.  Rajeev then had to resubmit the same papers.  To have two small children in a country of 1.2 billion and have to worry about the embassy losing your already submitted documents would have pushed me right over the edge.  Instead I was able to stay in the car, Neha napping and Lucy and I playing on the iPad with our trusty steed (driver Papu, Rajeev's right hand man for 10 years) in the comfort of his very nice toyota while Rajeev and mike duked it out with the immigration officer.  This I tell you was in fact priceless. 



Bas (enough) I say to India, thank you for giving us our beautiful shining daughter, and peace out! Tomorrow we hope to sleep in, have no schedule, shop a bit, enjoy the freedom of no commitments, no appointments, and no requirements. Pack up, and check out of the beautiful Hilton Janakpuri and go to the airport.  Our flights leaves at 12:57 am, yuck.  But we are blessed and quite elated to be traveling business class, (thank you grandma and pa).

Lastly on the topic of thanks, nana and bobo you rocked our world caring for our sweet Charlotte. Making her safe and secure. Making her happy. Vanessa, you bring happiness to my heart knowing you wanted to share time And many of our responsibilities while we were gone.  The Bruno family, thank you for keeping Charlie busy and excited.  Friends and family, thank you for this support. To know we have a huge family waiting for us to come home to means the world to us.  We can't wait to introduce you to our sweet Neha.  This mission is almost complete. Protect us on our travels every step of the way.  Give mommy the patience to endure this last leg.  Give Neha the strength to except our waiting family members. We have had nothing but luck and good fortune on our side this whole journey. Thank you loving husband for having faith that this is what we were meant to do, and above all being an amazing and receptive father.  Thank you Ganesha.  Thank you god. Thank you karma. Thank you life.  I am happy.

5 comments:

  1. YEAH!!!!!! Such great news.....Things happen for a reason and it sounds like all is well that ends well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yipeeeee! Home here you come! I can't wait to see the photos of those smiling, happy face welcoming your Neha into their arms! I will for sure be crying when I see them :) Bon voyage and safe travels! Love, Emily

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there sister! You have done an amazing amazing thing! You gave a child a second chance and for that you are a hero. I have loved reading about your journey and I can't wait to meet your sweet girl. Hope you are settling just fine.

    ReplyDelete